Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A reason to sing...

Sitting here listening to a song called  "A Reason to Sing"  The first line says:
 "I need a reason to sing
I need to know that You're still holding
The whole world in Your hands."  


The song is so lovely to me, but it has gotten me thinking about do I (we) really need another reason to sing praises to our heavenly Father? The answer is simply NO! because Knowing that God has simply given us a life on this earth (although it may not be easy) to choose to live our lives wholeheartedly for Him or not. That alone should be a reason to sing and be grateful that He loves that much to give us a choice. I often wish that God will just make me do what he wants me to do so that I can just let go of the stress of trying to figure out if something is the right thing or not. But knowing that God has the world in His hands, gives me comfort in knowing that whatever I choose in this life, good or bad He is there accepting me and loving me just as I am; and He also is there to keep transforming my heart into his likeness, because at the end of the day that is all I want in this life. A heart like His.  

Anyway the song that I mentioned, ends like this " I need to know that you're still holding, the whole world in your hands, and THAT is the reason to sing. " 
So I Choose to continue to sing praises to my God despite my circumstances.