Sunday, October 6, 2013

Insecurities/Flaws


Flaws every one has them, but why do we have to be reminded of them when someone inconsiderate points them out to us as if we don't already see them. Young kids are normally the first ones to point out the flaws or insecurities that we have but they don't know any better. But when adults do it it can hurt you at the very core of who you think that you are and then that flaw can start to make you be defined by it. How we are made is how God meant for us to be with our appearance, and that doesn't mean that he makes mistakes he created each and every one of us unique. 
Being unique can be a good thing and should be a good thing but  for many of us we were probably teased as children and that thing that is unique about us now is the very thing that can make us hate our appearance or even hate ourselves. Our outward appearance should never hinder us from doing things that we want to do but sometimes it does. The biggest flaw that I had made me hate meeting new people, and now that I dont have that particular flaw I still hate meeting people but it doesn't keep me from meeting them anymore. But also with this flaw, came many feelings.... the biggest one is that I didnt think I was pretty or beautiful at all, and the strangest thing then and even now is when people decide to tell me that I am pretty or beautiful. Why is it strange, it is simply because I still don't think that about myself that way I only think I look ok but now that that flaw I had is gone I actually like myself. Sometimes people that knew me with that flaw ask me why did I get rid of it because they liked it...I'm Like What!!!!??? THEy are Crazy! because I hated myself that way. So much that lately that flaw that I had  has been staring at me in the face not because I am looking in the mirror but because I just met a girl that still has the same flaw that I had. But looking at her all of my bad feelings come back as if I am still dealing with the same thing its weird really weird, but then again maybe its not. It makes me want to ask her how does she feel about it but I wouldnt dare to because if she feel the way that I felt I would be pointing out something she hates and that is something that I wouldn't like to do. But just maybe she likes it which I don't understand about people one bit, there are even stars with this flaw and I know they have money to fix it but it is what makes them and they are happy about it.

Like I said many of us have flaws or insecurities but we shouldn't let it hinder us from things that we want in our life or for our lives. Whether you think you are too skinny, too fat, too short too tall, your nose it too big you are too dark or too light or you have crooked teeth or  what ever it is you face everyday do something about bout it  if you have the means too, but if you don't have the means to do something just ask God to help you accept that thing you don't like... Remember that God says "we are fearfully and wonderfully made,...." (Psalm 139) We are all acceptable in his sight, and if you want to change something about yourself I personally dont think that God has a problem with that, but if you think He made a mistake remember that God doesnt make mistakes and He is perfect in ALL ways and in EVERY way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment. but if you have anything negative to say I would rather you not comment. Thanks.