Some friends turn out to be only acquaintances and are only in your life because you have the same interests. Maybe you are employed at the same place, went to school together, did ministry together, or even went to the same church. Whatever the case, friendships do not last forever, as much as we would love to believe they do. We all have gone through a few different friendships in our lives.
Friendships always work better when both parties are putting in the effort to stay friends and become closer. But there becomes a point when it seems like everything is going perfectly fine, then you notice that your friend begins to act differently, and they begin to distance themselves from you. This might be gradual or it could be something that happens quite suddenly and out of the blue, but however it happens, it can be so difficult when friends distance themselves from you.
Have you experienced that? I know that I have and I am right now. So trusting new friendships in your life becomes challenging because you don’t know if they genuinely want to be your friend, are just being nice, or even just being “Christian” because it’s what Jesus would want them to do.
Going forward, I have to trust…We have to trust that God knows what he is doing with allowing people to disappear or enter our lives while remembering that friendships don’t last forever. The people that are meant to be in our lives will be there and whoever isn't... won't. But when we have someone that we call a friend, we have to make sure that we are being the kind of friend that we want someone to be to us.


No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to comment. but if you have anything negative to say I would rather you not comment. Thanks.