Death is inevitable but sometimes it sneaks up like an unwanted guest and makes your life permanently DIFFERENT but hold on!... your life is not over. Jesus told us in this world we would have trouble and death is what every living thing experiences.
(“I have told you these things, so that in me you may
have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I
have overcome the world.” John
16:33 New International Version (NIV))
Working as a photographer in Florida Women's Hospital, I've been with multiple families experiencing the death of a loved one some were mothers that had lost their babies and another was photographing a hospital patient's wedding who was at the end of his life.
God gave me to strength to hold and also photograph these babies that had past.
It was
heartbreaking to do that but an honor, it is heartbreaking to lose a child, a mother, father, grandmother, a loved one, and with experiencing that it's hard to keep
walking... but you and I must keep walking.
It IS a reality that
someday all of us will die and sometimes people we love or we ourselves could
be the next one to die and sometimes we say, "it wasn't their
time"," they died too young", or" it was God's will”... to
say it was Gods will or to say that they are in a better place for me isn't
comforting. I know that We as people who love God with All of our hearts and do
their best to try our best to live how God would want us to live we can have an
assurance that we will make it to heaven.
I know through ALL
THINGS God is glorified, does it make sense? No! but I know that this is why God
allows everything good and bad to happen. Reality is that everyone doesn't go
to heaven, and we can't really claim to know that someone went to heaven or
not. Is it our hope that that did? Yes, yes and Amen! But the reality is
that we don't know. We can all try to comfort one another through hard times
but the reality is that no one can ever say anything to make it
"okay" that someone died. All you can do is be present as much as you
can or at least let the person know that you are there for them if they want to
talk.
For someone to be
married for their whole life or even for a short while and then suddenly you become
single, that is beyond heartbreaking, it can be crushing, and it can become
like pressure so heavy that God is the only one that can carry you through. You
literally have to ask God to help you learn to live again without the presence
of that loved one in your life any longer.
Unexpected death gives
you no time to say goodbye to your loved ones or change your life the way you
see that it should be especially if we are wanting to wallow in our sin a
little longer before we change. We don't have a tomorrow that is why the bible
says that today is the day of salvation, not tomorrow. Right now, is the time
to say yes to God and allow him to lead you the way that He thinks that you
should go.
Dealing with death
is difficult especially when you experience it close to home, and there is no
getting over it, but there is getting through it day by day, and if it takes
God to carry you through months/ years that's what He will do. There will be a
day where you can walk again, hold hands with God and continue to let him lead you through
life.
Death entered this world
because of the consequence of sin, and not one of us will escape it, nor should we
be afraid of it. I am not afraid because being with Jesus would be better by far
because these emotions that we deal with here on this earth are so out of
control at times and can make us confused on how we really feel because our
feelings are like shifting sands... Paul said to Live is Christ, to die is
gain, therefore we should strive to live as Christ right now today so that we
can truly gain Heaven when we die and not just hope that we gain Heaven. (For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is
gain. 22But if I go on living in the
body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. So what shall I choose? I do not
know. 23I am torn between the two. I
desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better indeed. 24But it is more necessary for
you that I remain in the body." Philippians 1:21-24)
Death is something fresh
and recent that I have experienced within my own family as well as my extended
family and I must tell myself to feel something and not become numb, not to
block people out to keep breathing and keep walking because God is with me. So
today I'm telling you to feel, breathe, and keep pushing forward not just for
myself or yourself but for others that you see or interact with every
day.
Death can change the
trajectory of life to whether it is you or a loved one's death, it changes
things and we all wish that it wasn't something that we had to face. So, let's
face it together but don't forget to breathe and take God's hand.


No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to comment. but if you have anything negative to say I would rather you not comment. Thanks.