Friday, March 19, 2021

The Truth about Me

 Satan whispers lies and if we listen to or think things about ourselves  that is contrary to what God says about us then we will spiral down a well of self doubt, anxiety, shame, worry, brokenness, guilt, hate, loneliness and whatever other negative thing we think about ourselves. 


DONT Believe the lies of satan but BELIEVE God, I have to repeat it because I have to say it to myself: BELIEVE GOD and not the lies!


So then, what does God say about Me (and you): 


He says..... (And May we believe it)


I AM HIS BELOVED (1 John 4:7)

I AM HEALED (Isaiah 53:5)

I AM FOREVER LOVED (Romans 8:38-39)

I AM NOT ABANDONED (Hebrews 13:5)

I AM STRONG (2 Corinthians 12:10)

I AM FORGIVEN (Ephesians 4:32)

I AM NOT ALONE (Isaiah 43:2)

I AM SEEN (Genesis 16:13)


There are many more things that God says about us so let’s try to believe the truth about us by spending time in the word and in Gods presence. 


I personally have a way to go to CONSTANTLY SEE and BELIEVE what GOD SEES about me and SAYS about me which is the TRUTH about me instead of just seeing and believing sometimes. 


This post was inspired by a song I heard for the first time this week: “The Truth about Me”

The song spoke to me and so I am sharing the Lyrics below.  And I’ve also included a link to the song so if you want to have listen go ahead and click on the link here 👉🏾:

 https://youtu.be/qj5fMIKe47w


here are the lyrics


If only I could see me as You see me

And understand the way that I am loved

Would it give a whole new meaning to my purpose?

Change the way I see the world

Would I sparkle like a star in the night sky?

Would I give a little more instead of take?

If I understood I'm precious like a diamond

Of a worth no one could estimate

I'm a worth no one could estimate


You say lovely, I say broken

I say guilty, You say forgiven

I feel lonely, You say You're with me

We both know it would change everything

If only I believed the truth about me


I wish I could hold on to the moments

When my life is spinning but I'm peaceful still

Like a wind You whisper into silence

And tell me things this world never will

You tell me things this world never will


You say lovely, I say broken

I say guilty, You say forgiven

Oh, I feel lonely, You say You're with me

We both know it would change everything

If only I believed the truth about me


I would sleep better at night

Wake up with hope for another day

I would love even if it cost me

Take a chance and know I'm gonna be okay

I would dare to give my life away


Oh, I feel lonely, You say You're with me

We both know it would change everything

If only I believed, if only I believed the truth about me




No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment. but if you have anything negative to say I would rather you not comment. Thanks.